Fun with Photography
A photogram is a photographic image made without a camera. It is created by placing objects directly onto the surface of a light-sensitive material such as a photographic paper and then exposing it to light. After that, the photo paper is treated with developer, stop bath and fixer chemicals to develop the image. The areas of the paper that receive light when exposed appear dark and the parts that do not receive any light appear lighter. You can place your own objects on the photo paper during the creation.
Mindful Photography (Please bring your own camera phone)
It utilizes photography as a tool to become more purposefully aware of the present moment with a nonjudgmental and open mind. This allows us to slow down and look at things from a different perspective.
First, be aware of your breath while sitting or standing. Breathe slowly and deeply. Start your mindful photography walk. Enjoy the sights, sound and smells of the surrounding. Focus on a specific element such as colours, shapes, textures or lines. When you find a subject, stop and take a photo. Take your time as you pay attention to your subject.
Try a few different camera angles. Move around. Zoom in and out. Continue your walk and repeat the process.
2.5 hours, $60
Workshop fee includes:
- 2 photo papers each pax
- 45mins of mindful photography
- 45mins of photogram
- Understand what is photogram and mindful photography
- Learn about the benefits of mindful photography
Please get in touch with us using the enquiry tab below to see about scheduling a private class if you are keen to schedule a session not listed in the calendar.
- All materials for the workshop will be provided unless otherwise stated.
- Workshop bookings can be amended via phone, email, WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram message. Fees collected will be converted to store credit if amendments are confirmed 24 hours before the workshop. Fees collected will not be refunded for bookings that are missed or cancelled within 24-hours before the workshop. For more details, please refer to our cancellation policies.