Soap and Tray Making
Jesmonite can be used to replicate the appearance and texture of any surface finish, and even the finest of detail. It can mimic the appearance of materials such as stone, wood, leather and fabric. It is strong and durable, can be pigmented to any colour and used to create decorative surface effects.
It is often used as lightweight alternative to stone and concrete. It has become an increasingly popular material widely used by artists, designers and prop-makers. Jesmonite is a brand name for a group of products that have a gypsum base and a water based acrylic resin making it kinder to the environment than other resins.
Participants can make their own soap tray using the materials provided and while waiting for the tray to harden make the melt & pour soap with the essential oil & dried flowers or toys.
2 hours, $60
Workshop fee includes:
- Technique terrazzo chips & marbling
- All materials provided
- Understand what is Jesmonite and its varied uses?
- Learn about the properties of Jesmonites, how this is eco-friendly and why it is increasingly popular?
- Create your own tray using marbling & terrazzo chips techniques
Please get in touch with us using the enquiry tab below to see about scheduling a private class if you are keen to schedule a session not listed in the calendar.
- All materials for the workshop will be provided unless otherwise stated.
- Workshop bookings can be amended via phone, email, WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram message. Fees collected will be converted to store credit if amendments are confirmed 24 hours before the workshop. Fees collected will not be refunded for bookings that are missed or cancelled within 24-hours before the workshop. For more details, please refer to our cancellation policies.