Dye Studio Pass
Cost:$50.00 – $70.00 per person
About this experience
Want to work on dyeing projects without investing in your own tools and equipment?
Book a dye studio pass to use the dyes, equipment and tools in our back workshop room to create your own hand-dyed yarns, spinning fibres and fabrics.
Tools and equipment list:
- Acid dyes and citric acid
- 1 induction burner for heating dye baths
- One medium and two large metal trays
- Squeeze bottles, glass jars and syringes
- Measuring scale and utensils
- 1 washing sink, with wool wash detergent
- Gloves and aprons
- Table space to work
Yarns, fibres and fabrics blanks are not provided.
A selection of yarns, fibre and fabric is available for purchase in our physical store. If you bring your own materials, please ensure that your materials can accept acid dyes.
There is also no structured instruction time while you're working so previous experience is necessary.
How it works
- Dye studio rental is $50 for one session (4 hours maximum).
- The standard dye studio pass is meant for one user. A friend may share the session with you for an additional $20.
- Dyers must show that they have experience with acid dyeing to work in the space. That could be through some training that they have done, or if they’ve taken a hand-dyeing workshop at our space before. You can book an introduction dye class here.
- Dyers will have to bring their own yarns, fibers and fabrics or purchase these materials on site.
- Dye projects must be taken home with you once completed.
- Dyers are responsible for washing the tools and equipment used during the session.
- Dyers must reserve their visit in advance so that we can setup the relevant equipment.